Smoke Alarm Safety: How to maintain your smoke detectors in your Kyle home
Smoke detectors in your Kyle home are a vital part of keeping you and your family safe. These devices should be installed and maintained in your home to provide you with protection. According to the National Fire Protection Association, in one quarter of US home fires their smoke detectors failed or had dead batteries. By properly installing and maintaining your smoke alarms you can have peace of mind in protecting your family in case an emergency occurs.
Here are some safety tips and a few ways maintain your smoke alarms:
•Check your smoke alarms manufacturing instructions
• Install smoke alarms in every room and every level of your home.
• Mounted alarms should be installed not more than 12 inches away from the ceiling
• Test your smoke alarms at least once a month
• Replace all smoke alarms every 10 years
• Change your smoke alarm batteries often if your alarm is not hardwired into your electrical system
If you suffer a fire damage event, please refer to our Fire Damage Tips—Until Help Arrives Guide and follow these tips to protect yourself and your property.
Have any questions about fire damage? Call us today (830) 625-0578